2022 municipal tax bill – Opt for online payments
The City wishes to inform you that the municipal tax bills have been mailed. We are encouraging citizens to opt for online payments, when the time comes.
Keep in mind that the service counters at City Hall, including the payment counter, are closed to the public until further notice. To make a payment in person, you must make an appointment by phone or e-mail before coming to the counter: 514-630-1300, extension 1829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first instalment of your municipal tax bill is due on February 28, 2022.
You have four options for making your payment:
1.Through a financial institution, the Internet or an automated teller machine. Allow two working days for your payment to be processed.
2.Sign up for the pre-authorized payment plan (PAP) offered by the City with two options:
- Two payments on the due dates: the amounts indicated on your property tax statement are withdrawn from your account on the due dates indicated.
- Monthly payments: you can make your payments in 12 equal instalments (if your tax bill is $300 or more). Interest and a penalty will be charged on the unpaid balance after the two due dates, that is, February 28 and May 30 2022. The amount of the withdrawal is indicated on your tax bill. Withdrawals will be made from February 28, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
At any time, you can make an additional payment that will reduce the total amount of interest owing. As soon as your outstanding balance is zero, the withdrawals are automatically stopped until the next year.
3.By sending a cheque or money order by mail: Allow three working days for delivery. Each cheque or money order payable to the City of Pointe-Claire must be accompanied by the appropriate return slip.
4. In person, at the multiservice counter at City Hall (451 Saint-Jean Boulevard) with two options:
- By cheque, without an appointment: Cheques can be deposited in the City Hall mailbox. They will be sent to your financial institution. Allow for three working days before the due date.
- By debit card or in cash, with an appointment: You must contact the tax counter at 514-630-1300, extension 1829 or at email@example.com.
We wish to remind you that the online portal allows you to:
- receive a notice by e-mail indicating that your municipal tax bill, water bill or statement of account is available in your file;
- view your statements of account and your bills;
- receive a reminder when a due date is approaching;
- receive a $5 credit on your next tax bill.
To register, click here.
Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 514-630-1300, extension 1829