Call for Candidates – Pointe-Claire Aquatic Club
The Pointe-Claire Aquatic Club is seeking two people to be volunteer members of the Board of Directors for a period of three (3) years (starting on January 1, 2022, and an additional candidate to complete an existing mandate ending in December 2022 (with an option to renew).
The Board is seeking people with experience and interest in governance and policy development for external communication for the diving and swimming clubs.
The Pointe-Claire Aquatic Club is a recognized non-profit paramunicipal organization with the mission to offer the best possible experience and optimal conditions of success for its athletes and coaches, while offering the best feeder system for swimming and diving national teams.
The Club’s specific mandates are as follows:
- Offer programs creating a positive experience and an optimal training environment for athletes of all levels;
- Organize competitions that support the development of its athletes;
- Support the development of its coaches and other performance specialists;
- Generate income and value to better support its athletes and coaches;
- Ensure high-quality, positive relationships and provide leadership with provincial and national sports organizations;
- Support and promote Club activities, as well as swimming and diving among the population of Pointe-Claire and Montreal’s West Island.
- Have relevant experience in the field of swimming or diving,
- Know how to work as part of a team,
- Be available to be actively involved in Club activities.
Being a resident of Pointe-Claire will be considered an asset.
Your application must include an up-to-date résumé with a cover letter reflecting your interest in sitting on the Club’s Board of Directors. Please send your application no later than September 20, 2021, to the attention of the Culture, Sports, Leisure and Community Development Department at email@example.com. –
Information: 514-630-1300, extension 1400