Call for candidates: Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club and the City of Pointe-Claire are seeking volunteer candidates to become members of the Board of Directors for a period of three years (from July 2021 to December 31, 2023).
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is a recognized non-profit paramunicipal organization.
The Club’s mission is to promote the development of athletes of all ages, from their beginnings to the Olympic dream, respecting their talent and aspirations, in a healthy, safe and stimulating environment. The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is recognized in Québec and Canada for its innovation, leadership and performance, and sets itself apart by the quality of its coaching and guidance. It is an active member of Canoë Kayak Québec and Canoe Kayak Canada.
The general mandate of the Club is as follows:
- To encourage and promote competitive sprint canoe and kayak activities among residents of Pointe-Claire and the West Island in general.
Without limiting the general nature of the preceding paragraph, the Club fulfils the following roles:
- Make recommendations to Pointe-Claire City Council regarding services offered, the needs and expectations of citizens, as well as future investments to facilitate the fulfilment of the mandate.
- Manage the financial support programs offered to Pointe-Claire canoe and kayak team athletes to facilitate their participation in competitions at the regional, provincial, national (Canadian) and international levels, in accordance with any policy or program approved for this purpose by resolution of City Council.
- Provide advice, expertise and recommendations on specific issues arising through the exercise of its general mandate.
- Provide governance and policy oversight within the scope of its Rules and Regulations and its agreement with the City of Pointe-Claire.
Candidates who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following fields, either on a volunteer or professional basis:
- sports or sport management
- Finance, accounting, marketing
- Education, paramedical fields
- Law, communications, technical professions
- Any other relevant experience
- Able to work as part of a team
- Available to be actively involved in Club activities.
- Being a resident of Pointe-Claire will be considered an asset.
Your application must include an up-to-date résumé and a cover letter reflecting your interest in being appointed to the Club’s Board of Directors. Please send your application no later than May 17, 2021, to the attention of the Culture, Sports, Leisure and Community Development Department at email@example.com.
Information: 514-630-1300, extension 1327.