Heat Wave: Preventative measures
In order to make it easier for everyone to tolerate the heat wave forecast for the next few days, here is a recap of all the available services offered by the City of Pointe-Claire to cool-down.
Valois Park splash pad
The play structure also includes a shaded rest areas, restrooms, changing rooms, and access points for persons with reduced mobility.
40 de la Baie-de-Valois Avenue
Open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Air-conditioned municipal buildings
- Aquatic Centre (60 Maywood Avenue):
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday from 12:30 to 4:45 p.m.
- Sunday from 3:30 to 7:45 p.m.
- Central Library (100 Douglas-Shand Avenue):
- Monday tp Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Valois Branch Library
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 1 to 9 p.m.
- Aréna Bob-Birnie
- Friday: 7 to midnight.
* Free for the Pointe-Claire residents with your MULTI Card.
Click here for rates and schedules.
Seven outdoor pools are open to residents all summer long.
- Pointe-Claire Village Pool
- Sunnyside Pool
- Cedar Park Pool
- Lakeshore Pool
- Lakeside Pool
- Viking Pool
- Valois Pool
What you can do
To prevent the effects of the heat, experts recommend the following:
- Drink plenty of water without waiting to feel thirsty.
- Cool down by taking a shower or cool bath often.
- Spend a few hours in an air-conditioned or cool place
- Reduce your physical activities.
- Wear light clothing.
For more information on how to prevent the effects of oppressive heat, click here.