The 22nd edition of Québec Public Library Week welcomes you online
Running from October 17 to 24, the 22nd edition of Québec Public Library Week will feature various online activities under the theme of My library: always at my side.
This theme reflects our librarians’ desire to continue to offer the public a wide range of services despite the current health crisis.
The Pointe-Claire Public Library has organized several initiatives to provide rich online programming.
Activities (registration required)
- Beauties of the sky: Astronomy enthusiast Pierre Tournay shares his love of celestial objects. What can you discover just with your eyes, binoculars or specialized equipment? Children aged 7 and up are welcome. Two sessions are available on Sunday, October 18: 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. (in English) and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. (in French).
- Micheline Duff – Mon histoire derrière mes histoires: the event is postponed to April 14.
- Enigmatic Engineering Endeavours – Challenge 11: Children aged 7 to 12 will use their ingenuity, with or without the help of their parents, during an hour of challenges. Children aged 7 to 9 are expected at their screens at 1:30 p.m., while those aged 9 to 12 are expected at 3:30 p.m.
- Contactless loans: until October 28, an online or phone document reservation service with pick-up by appointment is available at the Central Library and the Valois Branch. Find all the details on the Library
- Digital library: a vast selection of digital resources for learning, entertainment and information (digital books, encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, streamed movies, music and games). Visit the Library portal.
- Online learning tools: the MULTI Card also gives you access to a wide range of digital resources to acquire new skills or improve existing ones in several different areas: languages, health, art, music, professional skills, personal development, job search tools, coding, mathematics, crafts, home improvement, and much more. Find the full offer on the Library portal.
- Your librarians are online: throughout the year, your librarians are available online or by phone to assist you with your selections. Don’t hesitate to contact the team for recommendations, ideas or unexpected adventures: firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-630-1218.
- Active at Home: this Web page created this past summer is a source of inspiration for various activities to do at home.
The Association des bibliothèques publiques du Québec makes activities available to the public on its Facebook page: fun trivia games with Biblio-Quiz or suggestions tailored to all age groups through literary matchmaking.
Our libraries’ priority is to offer services that are accessible to all and inclusive; accommodations are therefore made to meet the needs of as many people as possible. Citizens are invited to communicate directly with the library for any specific requests: 514-630-1218.
We remind you that access to the libraries is not permitted until October 28, in accordance with the government’s public health guidelines.
Information: 514-630-1200, email@example.com