Recyclable materials are collected on Monday every week between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Only 80-, 120- and 360-litre blue rolling bins from the City are accepted.
- Your bin must be placed at the end of your driveway, after 6 p.m. the day before the collection or before 7 a.m. on the day of the collection itself.
- The wheels and handles of the rolling bin should face your home.
- There should be a 20-centimetre (1-foot) free space around the rolling bin.
- Only recyclable materials placed in the rolling bin will be collected.
- The cover of the bin must be completely closed.
- Containers must be rinsed before you put them in the bin.
- The bin must be stored where is is least visible from the street and the least likely to be a nuisance to neighbouring properties.
1. Paper and cardboard
- Boxes: cereal, tissue paper, frozen food, detergent, shoes, etc.
- Cardboard tubes and rolls
- Flat and corrugated cardboard; folded or cut-up cardboard boxes
- Newspapers and flyers
- Paper bags
- Paper (including paper with staples or ink)
- Envelopes (including those with windows)
- Telephone directories, catalogues, magazines
2. Plastic, glass and metal
- Bottles, containers and jars (with or without labels)
- Lids and caps
- Plastic bags (Put all your plastic bags in one bag before putting them in the bin)
- Metal cans, aluminum beverage cans, aluminum plates
- Milk and juice cartons, including Tetra Paks
- Plastics numbered 1 to 5 and 7; look for this symbol on the container or packaging to make sure it is recyclable: