In this section, you will find the main municipal by-laws.
The electronic version of these by‑laws or their office consolidations are provided in order to ensure that the by‑laws in force throughout Pointe-Claire are known. A by‑law can be amended, repealed or replaced at any time by the City Council. Only certified true copies are official, and in the event of a discrepancy between a document posted on the website and the original in the City’s by‑law book under the City Clerk’s custodianship, the latter shall prevail. The City disclaims all liability as to the use or interpretation of published by‑laws.
- Appendix 1 – Definitions
- Appendix 2 – Zoning Plan Map
- Appendix 3 – Particular provisions table:
- Appendix 4 – Classification of uses
- Appendix 5 – Development guidelines near railway operations
- Appendix 1 – Sectors Subject to the By-Law
- Appendix 2 – Forest Survey – Sector C (in French only)
- Appendix 1 – Landscape Units Map
- Guidelines and Standards Sheets:
- General Objectives and Village-Style Architecture
- Up1 – Central Village Core
- Up2 – North Village Entrance
- Up3 – West Village Entrance
- Up4 – Cartier Entrance
- Up5 – South Village Core
- Up6 – North Village Core
- Up7 – Lanthier Development
- Up8 – Golf Avenue South
- Up9 – Golf Avenue North
- Up10 – Cartier Avenue North
For more information about City by‑laws, contact Legal Affairs and City Clerk’s Office at 514-630-1228 or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.