Art Rental 2022 – Call for submissions
For over 50 years, the Stewart Hall Art Rental and Sales Service has been showcasing the talent of local artists and supporting access to works of art by offering individuals and businesses the opportunity to buy or rent original works of art.
Every fall, the Art Rental and Sales Service renews its collection by inviting artists from the greater Montréal area to submit their works to a jury of industry professionals. The selected works are exhibited at the Stewart Hall Art Gallery and then made available for purchase or rental.
You are therefore invited to submit photos of your original works for the 2022 Art Rental Collection at the Stewart Hall Art Gallery.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year the submission and selection process will exclusively take place electronically.
- We will accept paintings, photographs, drawings, mixed media and original prints.
- Works must be recent and must have been produced within the past five years.
- Only original works of art will be accepted. Digital prints (giclée) will not be accepted (with the exception of digital photographs).
- A maximum of three works of art may be submitted per participant.
- Submission deadline: September 27, 2021.
Applicants will be notified by e-mail as to the jury’s decision no later than October 7, 2021.
Selected artists will be invited to deliver their artworks by appointment between Thursday, October 21 and Saturday, October 23, 2021 to the Stewart Hall Art Gallery. They will also be able to collect their works from the 2021 collection at this time, if applicable.
Submitting selected works:
- Each work must be clearly identified on the back as follows: name of the artist, title, date, medium, size (maximum including frame: 92 cm x 110 cm, i.e., 36 in. x 42 in.) and price (maximum $1,500).
- Images of works submitted do not need to include the frame. Howerver, should an artwork be accepted it must be framed and ready to hang when it is dropped off.
Works selected for the 2022 Art Rental Collection will be on exhibition at Stewart Hall Art Gallery from November 6 2021 to January 9, 2022. They will then be made available for sale or rental for one year through the Art Rental and Sales Service.
Sales: a 25% commission is retained.
Rentals: The fees collected are paid in full to the artist twice a year (in June and December). The monthly rental cost is a percentage of the price of the work.