Art Rental and Sales Service
176 Du Bord-du-Lac – Lakeshore Road
Pointe-Claire, Quebec H9S 4J7
Monday to Friday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 1 to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Every year, the Art Rental and Sales Service updates its collection and invites artists to submit their works of art to panel members. The selected works of art, which include drawings, paintings, photographs, engravings and mixed media pieces, are initially put on exhibit at the Art Gallery and are then made available for sale or rent.
It is a simple, affordable way to enhance your decor!
Individuals and corporations
|Rental fees||3% of the artwork’s purchase price
$6 to $30
|Rental period||4 weeks|
The Art Rental and Sales Service is also available for audiovisual or event production companies. For costs related to this service, please call 514-630-1221, extension 1721, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inaugurated in 1967, the Art Rental and Sales Service of the Stewart Hall Art Gallery mandate is to promote and support the accessibility of original works of art to the public. This service offers individuals and corporations the opportunity to rent or buy works of art. Every fall, the Art Rental and Sales Service renews its collection by inviting the artists of the greater Montreal area to submit their works to a professional jury. After being presented in a yearly exhibition at the Gallery, the selected works are available for sale or for rent for one year at the Art Rental and Sales Service.
We wish to invite you to submit your work for consideration for The Art Rental Collection 2020 at the Stewart Hall Art Gallery. Please note the following:
- A maximum of three works of art may be submitted from an artist. We will be accepting paintings, photographs, drawings, mixed media and original prints.
- Work submitted by applicants must be produced within the past five years.
- Each work must be ready to hang and the frame has to be in good condition.
- Only original works of art may be submitted. We do not permit giclée prints (with the exception of digital photographs).
- Each work must be clearly identified on the back with the name of the artist, title of work, date, medium, size (maximum size including frame 92 cm x 110 cm : 36 in x 42 in) and price (maximum $ 1 500).
- All rental payments (a percentage of the sale price per month) collected will be remitted in full to the artist twice a year (June and December).
- The city of Pointe-Claire retains a commission of 25% for works sold.
- Please complete two copies of the Registration Form and bring them with you when you submit your artworks. Click here for the form.
- A short biography of the artist, including exhibitions, must accompany the submission. This will be used for publicity purposes and copies will be made available if work is rented or sold.
Submission Dates : from October 10 to 13, 2019 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Artists must bring their work to the Boutique on the 2nd floor.
All artists who have works in the present collection (2019) should pick them up at this time.
Electronic submissions are also accepted.
Please email your completed registration forms & images including frame (image resolution of 300 DPI or higher to
Electronic submissions will only be accepted from October 10 to 14. Any submissions sent outside of this timeline
will not be considered.
Participants who submit electronically will be contacted Friday October 18th if selected. Accepted electronic submissions must be delivered to the Gallery October 19th and 20th between 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Jury: October 17, 2019
Pick up Dates: from October 18 to 20, 2019 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: We request that all artists present themselves during the dates listed above to pick up works that were not selected. Unfortunately, due to the brief nature of the submission process, we are not able to call each artist with the Jury results. We will, however, call those artists who do not have any works to pick up.
Works selected for The Art Rental Collection 2019 will be on exhibition at the Stewart Hall Art Gallery from October 26 to December 1, 2019. The Vernissage will be held on Sunday October 27, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. The new collection will then be on display in Art Rental for one year.
Amanda Johnston, Manager – Art Rental and Sales Service
514 630-1221 ext. 1721
176 Du-Bord-du-Lac – Lakeshore Road, Pointe-Claire, Qc H9S 4H7
To receive calls for submission for the Art Rental and Sales Service, click HERE to sign up.
If you have any questions about the Art Rental and Sales Service, please call 514-630-1221, extension 1721, or email email@example.com.
To sign up for the call for submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A - B
|Solange J. Brodeur|
C - D
|Lise Dagenais St-Hilaire|
F - J
|Charmian Gibson Silver|
|Andrée Et Michel Goyer/Delorme|
|Laurel Ann Holmes|
|Sonia Indelicato Roseval|
K - M
|Nasco A. Kafadarow|
|Julie Bénédicte Lambert|
|G. Scott Macleod|
|Olga Inés Magnano|
|Lynton H. Martin|
|Susan Ross Donohue|
|Muriel Smith Baran|