Eco-Grazing – Sheep at Edgewater Park!
June 11 to July 20, from 10:00AM to 8:00PM
This summer, Edgewater Park (located along Lake Saint-Louis, near Pointe-claire Village) will host an eco-grazing project, where a flock of sheep will graze on grass to help maintain the park in a completely natural way. Residents can also take part in various educational and recreational activities.
A temporary enclosure will be installed for the six sheep every day from June 11 to July 20, between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
A wide variety of activities are planned during these six weeks, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. :
- June 14 – Knitting with sheep – all levels
- June 21 – Bilingual story hour, followed by a craft (ages 3 to 6)
- June 28 – Art creation for families
- July 5 – Family picnic, followed by a children’s show in French
- July 12 – Yoga with sheep – adults (bring your own yoga mat)
- July 19 – Shearing and spinning demonstration
In case of rain, storms and heat waves, the sheep will be placed in a shelter and therefore absent, and activities will take place at the Noël-Legault Community Centre (245 du Bord-du-Lac – Lakeshore Road).
A shepherd will be at the park at all times to watch over the flock.
Feed can be purchased for $0.25 every Saturday to feed the sheep! Residents are welcome at all times to watch and pet the sheep.
Information: 514-630-1200, email@example.com