2024 MiNi Art Rental Collection – Call for Submissions
The Stewart Hall Art Gallery’s Art Rental and Sales Service is launching the fourth edition of the MiNi Art Rental Collection.
The MiNi Art Rental Collection highlights the talent of children aged 12 and under residing in Pointe-Claire or attending a school in Pointe-Claire.
Parents and guardians are invited to submit the works of their young artists by completing the form.
Each year, a jury made up of art professionals, community leaders and peers choose some 50 artworks for the MiNi Art Rental Collection. The chosen young artists will receive a $25 gift certificate to a local bookstore, thanks to the Friends of Stewart Hall’s financial support.
The selected artworks will be framed by the Art Gallery and exhibited in the Kids’ Corner from February 17 to March 16, 2024. They will then be available for purchase or rental on a monthly basis at the Art Rental and Sales Service for a period of one year.
All sums collected for the rental or sale of an artwork will be donated to West Island Community Shares’ Powered by Kids for Kids campaign, in support of community groups focused on developing strong, resilient children.
Conditions for participation
To participate, the child must:
- live in Pointe-Claire or attend a school in Pointe-Claire
- be aged 12 years or under
Characteristics of the works
- We will accept paintings, photographs, drawings, mixed media and original prints;
- Works submitted must be two-dimensional and lay flat in order to fit within the frame supplied;
- Each work must be submitted on a sheet of paper or canvas no thicker than 3 mm;
- The dimensions of the work must be approximately 8″ x 10″ (20.32 x 25.4 cm), portrait or landscape (in accordance with the frame size provided);
- Each work must be displayed on an 8” x 10” (20.32 x 25.4 cm) sheet of paper, in landscape or portrait position (to fit in provided frame).
- Works must have been produced within the current year.
- Each child may submit only one work.
Submission deadline: January 14, 2024
All applicants will be notified by e-mail as to the jury’s decision regarding their submission.
Complete the application form to submit an artwork.
Good luck to all the participants!
Source: City of Pointe-Claire
Information: 514-630-1221, firstname.lastname@example.org