A hundred or so competitions and 3,000 participants
The Mayor of the City of Pointe-Claire, John Belvedere, is delighted with the summer activities that took place at the City’s outdoor pools, where some 100 aquatic events attracted over 3,000 participants.
“The enthusiasm of the pool teams and the extraordinary involvement of volunteers make me very proud,” Mayor Belvedere says. “I am grateful to them for contributing to our city’s activity and enjoyment.”
Once again, Pointe-Claire’s athletes climbed up the steps of the podium, taking home various medals. “Congratulations to all the participants and to our athletes who train tirelessly to reach the podium,” said John Belvedere.
The various competitions included:
- Diving at Lakeside Pool (Ovide Park): More than 300 athletes representing two pools from the region.
- Synchronized swimming at Viking pool: Event bringing together more than 700 athletes.
- Swimming – Section A finals: Approximately 800 swimmers witnessed the victory of Valois Pool’s team, who hosted the event.
- Swimming – Section B finals at Cedar Park Pool: At this event, Lakeside Pool placed second, just six points behind first place.
- Swimming – Section C finals at the Pointe-Claire Village Pool: Close to 500 swimmers competed.
- Synchronized swimming teams: Lakeshore Pool hosted more than 500 athletes. All six Pointe-Claire pool associations were represented.
Information: 514-630-1200, email@example.com