A sense of City pride: congratulating our athletes who competed at the 2023 World Aquatic Championships in Japan
The City of Pointe-Claire is extremely proud to have had five of its athletes compete at the 2023 World Aquatic Championships in Fukuoka, Japan this past July. Their hard work, dedication and passion for their sport has led them to represent their country, and their community, on one of the biggest stages in sports.
Here are the athletes that represented Pointe-Claire at the 2023 World Aquatic Championships, and their respective disciplines:
- Caeli McKay: competed in the 10-metre platform (awarded bronze medal) and 10-metre synchro (8th place finish).
- Nathan Zsombor-Murray: competed in the 10-metre platform (7th place finish) and mixed 10-metre synchro (5th place finish).
- Patrick Hussey: competed in the 4 x 200-metre relay (12th place finish).
- Eric Georges Brown: competed in the 800-metre freestyle, 400-metre freestyle, and 10-kilometre open water swim.
- Edouard Fullum-Huot: competed in the 4 x 100-relay (5th place finish).
We are incredibly proud to see familiar faces competing on the international stage. Congratulations to all these amazing athletes, and we look forward to following their progress and future exploits!