Call for candidates Pointe-Claire canoe kayak club
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club and the City of Pointe-Claire are seeking volunteer candidates to be members of the Board of Directors for the following period (January 2023 to December 31, 2025).
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is a recognized non-profit paramunicipal organization.
At the Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club the athletes are at the heart of what we do. The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is committed to developing and promoting a club culture of excellence by:
- Focusing on helping all sprint canoe kayak athletes grow and fulfil their potential.
- Offering all members safe, structured programs adapted to their level.
- Creating a sense of belonging among all members
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is recognized in Quebec and Canada for its innovation, leadership and performance, positioning itself because of the quality of its coaching and guidance. It is an active member of Canoe Kayak Quebec and Canoe Kayak Canada.
The general mandate of the Club is described as follows:
- To encourage and promote competitive sprint canoe and kayak activities among residents of Pointe-Claire and the West Island in general.
Without limiting the general nature of the preceding paragraph, the Club will fulfil the following roles:
- Make recommendations to the Pointe-Claire City Council regarding services offered, the needs and expectations of citizens, as well as future investments to facilitate the fulfilment of the mandate;
- Manage fundraising events and the financial support programs offered to Pointe-Claire canoe and kayak team athletes to facilitate their participation in competitions at the regional, provincial, national (Canadian) and international levels, in accordance with any policy or program approved for this purpose by resolution of City Council;
- Provide advice, expertise and recommendations on specific issues arising through the exercise of its general mandate;
- Provide governance and policy oversight within the scope of its Rules and Regulations and its agreement with the City of Pointe-Claire.
Candidates with the following experience and availability are encouraged to apply:
- Have relevant experience in the field of sports or sport management, either volunteering or professional,
- Have experience with finance, accounting, business or marketing,
- Have experience in educational, medical or paramedical fields,
- Have experience in legal, communications or technical professions,
- Have other relevant experience to bring to the table,
- Be able to work as part of a team,
- Be available to be actively involved in Club activities.
- Being a resident of Pointe-Claire will be considered an asset.
Your application must include an up-to-date résumé and a cover letter reflecting your interest to be appointed to the Club’s Board of Directors. Please send your application no later than November 30, to the attention of the Culture, Sports, Leisure and Community Development Department at email@example.com.
Information: 514-630-1300, extension 1327.