Call for candidates – Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club and the City of Pointe-Claire are seeking volunteer candidates to be members of the Board of Directors for a period of three years (January 2020 to December 31, 2022).
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is a recognized non-profit paramunicipal organization with the mission to offer the best possible experience and optimal conditions of success for its athletes and coaches, and to provide the best feeder system for the sprint canoe and kayak national teams.
The general mandate of the Club is described as follows:
- To encourage and promote competitive sprint canoe and kayak activities among residents of Pointe-Claire and the West Island in particular.
Without limiting the general nature of the preceding paragraph, the Club will fulfil the following roles:
- Make recommendations to the Pointe-Claire City Council regarding services offered, the needs and expectations of citizens, as well as future investments to facilitate the fulfilment of the mandate;
- Manage the financial support programs offered to Pointe-Claire canoe and kayak team athletes to facilitate their participation in competitions at the regional, provincial, national (Canadian) and international levels, in accordance with any policy or program approved for this purpose by resolution of City Council;
- Provide advice, expertise and recommendations on specific issues arising through the exercise of its general mandate.
- Have relevant experience in the field of sports or sport management.
- Be able to work as part of a team,
- Be available to be actively involved in Club activities.
Being a resident of Pointe-Claire will be considered an asset.
Your application must include an up-to-date résumé and a cover letter reflecting your interest to be appointed to the Club’s Board of Directors. Please send your application no later than December 4, 2019, to the attention of the Culture, Sports, Leisure and Community Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information: 514-630-1300, extension 1327