Update: Family Activity Kits for the Holidays
Update: December 4, 2020
The City would like to remind you that Holiday kit reservations begin this Saturday, December 5, at 9 a.m.
To enable our teams to respond to requests in real time, reservations will only be taken by phone: 514-630-1218.
Thank you for your understanding.
Merci de votre compréhension.
December 3, 2020
The City of Pointe-Claire is organizing a distribution of Holiday activity kits to citizens by reservation, beginning December 5.
Each kit contains a variety of Holiday-themed activities to do at home, for all ages and tastes. Lots of fun and laughter is to be expected with fitness games based on the card game Blackjack and the board game Snakes and Ladders—winter wonderland edition. Creative types will have free rein to bring a personal touch to craft activities: making festive pompoms, winter-themed colouring pages, recipes for homemade herbal teas, stories to invent, and more.
In the current context of the pandemic, one activity encourages citizens to show support for a senior by decorating a greeting card and preparing a little surprise to be distributed to them by the City’s Aid for Seniors Program. A small gesture that will fill our seniors’ hearts with joy.
Reservations begin on December 5 at 9 a.m. Kits will be distributed starting Thursday, December 10.
There are four types of kits to choose from:
- Kits for babies and toddlers (0 to 3 years)
- Family kits
- Teen kits
- Senior kits
A contactless distribution process has been put in place so that everyone can safely retrieve their kits:
- Kits will be distributed by reservation only.
- Quantities are limited to one kit per family, on a first come, first served basis.
- Only Pointe-Claire residents may reserve a kit.
- Families are invited to sign up by phone at 514-630-1218 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- A day will be assigned to each family for pick-up from the Central Library beginning on December 10.
- Any kit not picked up at the scheduled day will be reassigned to a family on the waiting list.
For health reasons, the bags will be prepared 72 hours ahead of time by a team wearing a mask and gloves, and then quarantined until the time of distribution.
Certain activities will be posted on the Active at Home page as of December 10 for those who did not have the chance to reserve a kit or who would like to put together a kit as a gift.
Enjoy all of the Holiday activities!
The Central Library is located at 100 Douglas-Shand Avenue.
Information: 514-630-1200, firstname.lastname@example.org