Measures to help beat the heat in the coming days
In order to make it easier for everyone to tolerate the heat wave forecast for the next few days, the City of Pointe-Claire will extend opening hours for the splash pad and air-conditioned municipal buildings, as well as add to the services offered at the Aquatic Centre for the health and safety of residents.
Extended opening hours for the Valois Park splash pad
From August 3 to 7 inclusively, the splash pad will be accessible from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Air-conditioned municipal buildings
The buildings below are air-conditioned and open to the public at the following times:
- Aquatic Centre (60 Maywood Avenue): Saturday from 12:30 to 4:45 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 8 p.m.
- Central Library (100 Douglas-Shand Avenue): Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
Additional recreational swimming at the Aquatic Centre
New family swim hours will be added on Sunday from 12 to 4 p.m. Admission is free for residents.
Extended opening hours for the Pointe-Claire Village pool
On Saturday, August 4 and Sunday, August 5 the pool will be accessible from 12 to 9 p.m.
What you can do
To prevent the effects of oppressive heat, experts recommend the following:
- Drink plenty of water without waiting to feel thirsty.
- Cool down by taking a shower or cool bath often.
- Spend a few hours in an air-conditioned or cool place (shopping malls, libraries, movie theatres, Espace pour la vie facilities, etc.).
- Reduce your physical activities.
- Wear light clothing.
For more information on how to prevent the effects of oppressive heat, see the Heat Wave Guide.