The Baie-de-Valois Nautical Centre holds an Open House
The City of Pointe-Claire invites citizens to discover the brand new Baie-de-Valois Nautical Centre at an Open House on Saturday, October 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Baie-de-Valois Nautical Centre was developed with the vision of improving and diversifying the services offered to the community, while providing ideal access to Baie de Valois.
Designed according to sustainable-development principles, the site (building, patios, parking area and pathway leading to the dock) is also fully accessible to people with reduced mobility so that everyone can take full advantage of the new facilities.
The chalet includes a reception hall and a space for nautical activities. Its minimalist and elegant style affords a full view of Lake Saint-Louis. The reception hall can be rented for private events and receptions (see Chalet and Community Facilities Rentals on the City’s website). Nautical activity programming can be found in the Leisure program.)
- The visit will be on a first come first served basis. However, registration must be done on site (name and telephone number) in the context of the pandemic.
- Guided visits will start every 20 minutes with a maximum of 15 people per group.
- A short presentation will be given for people in the waiting area.
- A mask must be worn inside the building.
Snapshot of the Baie-de-Valois Nautical Centre:
- A brand new 665-square-metre building.
- A large, glass-walled, turnkey reception hall with a superb view of Baie de Valois and Lake Saint-Louis that can be used to host a variety of events.
- A basement with office and storage space as well as changing rooms with lockers for boaters and day camp groups as well as for anyone who enjoys nautical activities.
- A second patio, set back, to fully admire the landscape year-round.
- A “cool” roof; a concrete parking lot to reduce heat islands; priority procurement of local products and materials; installation of a rainwater recovery system; finishing work using ash wood reclaimed as part of the fight against the emerald ash borer; planting of trees, among other sustainable-development criteria.
The Baie-de-Valois Nautical Centre is located at 90 Du Bord-du-Lac – Lakeshore Road.
Information: 514-630-1214, firstname.lastname@example.org