Call for Submissions
2023 MiNi Art Rental Collection
The Stewart Hall Art Gallery`s Art Rental and Sales Service invites parents and guardians to submit their budding artists work for the third edition of MiNi Art Rental, a project that focuses on art created by children 12 years old and under.
Some 50 artworks will be selected by a jury made up of art professionals, community leaders and peers to be part of the 2023 MiNi Art Rental Collection. The chosen young artists will receive a $25 gift certificate from the Friends of Stewart Hall, redeemable at a Pointe-Claire bookstore.
The artworks will be framed by our team and exhibited in the Kids’ Corner of Stewart Hall Cultural Centre from September 24 to November 13, 2022. They will then be available at the Art Rental and Sales Service for rental or purchase for a period of one year.
All sums collected for the rental or sale of an artwork will be donated to West Island Community Shares’ Powered by Kids for Kids campaign, in support of community groups focused on developing strong, resilient children.
In order to submit artworks by your young artists, please consult the criteria and fill out the form below.
To participate, your child must:
- live in Pointe-Claire or attend a school in Pointe-Claire; and
- be 12 years old and under.
Characteristics of the works:
- We will accept paintings, photographs, drawings, mixed media and original prints;
- Works submitted must be two-dimensional and lay flat in order to fit within the frame supplied;
- Each work must be submitted on a sheet of paper or canvas no thicker than 3 mm;
- The dimensions of the work must be 8″ x 10″ (20.32 x 25.4 cm), in landscape or portrait position (to fit in provided frame).
- Works must have been produced within the current year.
- Each child may submit only one work.
Please note that we may refuse a work that was selected at the time of reception if it does not correspond to the required format.
All applicants will be notified by e-mail as to the jury’s decision regarding their submission.
Submission deadline: September 5, 2022.