Swimming Levels – The Olympic Way Inc.
The detailed requirements for each level are listed below. A child must master every skill at each level before progression to the next. In order to preserve the integrity of each class, we reserve the right to transfer children who are not in the appropriate level.
- Jump from side with bubble on, unassisted
- Swim 12 m (1 width) with bubble on, forward swimming arms with directional control.
- Blow bubbles while swimming with bubble on.
- Swim 2 m unassisted (no jump), face in the water.
- Back float with head assistance
- Climb in and out of the pool, unassisted.
- Jump in, unassisted.
- Demonstrate a front and a back glide – push off the wall, body at surface.
- Swim 12 m unassisted with no bubble, face in water.
- Front float unassisted (5 seconds).
- Back float unassisted, face at the surface (5 seconds).
- Tread water (10 secondes).
- Push off wall streamline with kick – 6 m.
- Swim Front Crawl – 12 m (1 width) with face in water and arms out, begin breathing to the side
- Endurance swim – 24 m continuously.
- Backstroke kick – 12 m (1 width) with head back and horizontal body position.
- Rolling floats (front to back, back to front).
- Tread water (30 seconds).
- Submerged push off into streamline kick.
- Front Crawl – 25 m with breathing to the side, full arm extension and finished pull.
- Backstroke kick – 25 m horizontal body position, feet break surface of water.
- Backstroke – 12 m (1 width) with flat body position, straight arm recovery.
- Retrieve an object from the bottom of the pool.
- Introduction to stationary egg-beater.
- Submerged push off into streamline kick (front).
- Push off wall streamline position (back).
- Front crawl – 50 m bilateral breathing.
- Backstroke – 25 m continuous and alternating arms.
- Breaststroke kick – 25 m proper turnout of feet, forward propulsion.
- Introduction to travelling egg-beater.
- Submerged push off the wall, streamline position
- Front Crawl – 50 m proper catch, pull, finish
- Backstroke – 50 m shoulder roll, steady kick
- Breaststroke – 50 m coordination of pull-breathe-kick-glide
- Introduction to starts
- Front Crawl – 75 m
- Backstroke – 75 m underwater arm action with catch-pull-finish
- Breaststroke – 75 m proper arm mechanics and timing
- Butterfly kick – 50 m legs together, full kick from hip
- Introduction to butterfly arms
- Introduction to flip turns
- Front Crawl – 100 m
- Backstroke – 100 m
- Breaststroke – 100 m
- Butterfly – 50 m proper arm mechanics and timing