Bulky items are collected on Wednesday, April 3, May 1, June 5, July 3, August 7, September 4 and October 2, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Bulky items are non-upholstered items that are too big to be put in a bag, box or garbage can. These objects are recovered and reclaimed.
- Bulky items must be placed at the end of your driveway, after 6 p.m. the day before the collection or before 7 a.m. on the day of the collection itself.
- Items should not weigh more than 100 kg (220 lb) and maximum acceptable size is 1.8 metres (6 feet) by 1.2 metres (4 feet).
- For each household or multi-unit residential property, there is a maximum of 10 items, or the equivalent of 5 cubic metres, per collection.
- Sharp or potentially dangerous items must be made safe.
- Whenever possible, materials should be tied up together.
- Bathtubs, toilets and sinks
- Carpets (rolled)
- Doors and windows
- Electric baseboard heaters, kitchen range hoods, etc.
- Electrical household appliances (except those containing refrigeration gas)
- Furniture (tables, chairs, desks, dressers, bookcases, wardrobes, filing cabinets, etc.)
- Hot water tanks
- Large mirrors and sheets of glass
- Pool covers (rolled)
- Propane barbecues grills (without the propane tank)
- Any other large household object
- Paint, solvents, oils, pesticides, fertilizers, aerosols, batteries, etc.
- Halocarbons (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, etc.)
- Electronic devices (television sets, cellphones, drives, etc.)
- Upholstered items (mattresses, couches, box springs, sofas, etc.)
- Wood or construction or renovation materials
- Stones, bricks, rocks, earth, etc.
- Tree trunks, branches and logs
- Large cardboard boxes
- Children’s slides longer than 8 feet
- Children’s pools
- Carpets longer than 8 feet
- Large quantities of wooden pallets
- Hot tubs