Leaf and branch collection
|Exceptionally this year, due to the growing number of calls requesting branch collection, Public Works teams will regularly drive through the City to pick them up. Therefore, it is not necessary to contact Public Works to provide your address for branch collection.|
Leafs are collected between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on the following dates:
April 13 and 27
October 12 and 26
There will be the usual organic waste collection on these days, and you will also be able to put containers and bags filled with leaves at curbside.
- 80, 120- and 240-litre green rolling bins provided by the City
- Any reusable container with a maximum volume of 100 litres
- Cardboard boxes
- Paper bags (with or without cellophane)
Leaves are also accepted as part of the weekly organic waste collection. They should be put in the green rolling bin.
Branches are collected on request from May 1 to October 31. Please allow 21 days for this collection.
Branches cut off by a contractor hired to prune or fell a tree are the contractor’s responsibility. For ash trees, please consult a contractor.
For quicker and more efficient service, please follow the new instructions below:
- Branches must be placed at curbside on your property.
- The cut end of the branches must be facing the street in order to make them easier to collect.
- There must not be any debris (soil, roots, metal, etc.) on the branches.
- The branches must be 10 centimetres (4 inches) or less in diameter.
(Branches over 10 centimetres in diameter can be brought to the Ecocentre.)
- The maximum height of all branch piles must be 1.2 metres (4 feet). Branches must be spread out instead of stacked whenever possible.
For information and to request a collection:
Public Works Department
514-630-1230 or email@example.com.