Planning Program and by-laws
The Planning Program outlines the City's major land use planning and development orientations. It was developed by the Planning Department in accordance with the Act Respecting Land Use Planning and Development.
The Planning Program offers a vision of Pointe-Claire for the next ten years.
It provides a portrait of:
- the City’s current state of development, and its population;
- major land-use orientations for the territory;
- main issues and goals for the next ten years;
- sectors undergoing more detailed planning, such as:
The Planning Program gives citizens, elected representatives and the administration specific directions to guide future actions in Pointe-Claire territory. Applying the program involves follow-up studies, City investments and amendments to existing by-laws.
Download the complete Planning Program.
For a list of permits issued by the Planning Department, go to Permit Applications.
- Appendix 1 – Definitions
- Appendix 2 – Zoning Plan Map
- Appendix 3 – Particular provisions table:
- Appendix 4 – Classification of uses
- Appendix 5 – Development guidelines near railway operations
- Appendix 1 – Sectors Subject to the By-Law
- Appendix 2 – Forest Survey – Sector C (in French only)
- Appendix 1 – Landscape Units Map
- Guidelines and Standards Sheets:
- General Objectives and Village-Style Architecture
- Up1 – Central Village Core
- Up2 – North Village Entrance
- Up3 – West Village Entrance
- Up4 – Cartier Entrance
- Up5 – South Village Core
- Up6 – North Village Core
- Up7 – Lanthier Development
- Up8 – Golf Avenue South
- Up9 – Golf Avenue North
- Up10 – Cartier Avenue North
For information on the grant program for low-flush toilets, see the Low-flush toilets page.
For more information : 514-630-1206, firstname.lastname@example.org