Rain barrels allow you to reduce your drinking water consumption.
- Determine which downspout you will use.
- Assemble the barrel. This includes installing the spigot and overfl ow hose.
- Prepare the area where you will place the barrel.
- Place the barrel under the downspout.
- Aim the elbow of the downspout at the opening in the cover of the rain barrel.
- You will have your own water source during droughts or watering restriction periods.
- You will help reduce pollution by runoff water.
- You will reduce drinking water production and waste water treatment costs.
- You will have untreated water to wash your cars and water your lawn.
- You can reduce your water bill.
The barrel is available at the multiservice counter at City Hall, 451 Saint-Jean Boulevard, for $40. MULTI Card required.
Each residence can have a maximum of three barrels.