The committee is made up of representatives of the City’s departments, members of City Council and SPVM officers. The Traffic Committee seeks to:
- ensure citizens’ safety and providing them with quality services;
- ensure and maintaining peace and quiet in the various districts of the city;
- encourage active mobility and alternative modes of transportation;
- establish cooperation between citizens and municipal departments;
- ensure efficient and safe management of traffic and movements across the territory;
- establish consistency and standards for traffic operations, signage, parking and road safety; and
- establish and ensure reliable, realistic and adapted signage concepts.
The average time required to process a request is approximately three months, and there are five steps involved. This time may vary based on the specific details of the request or case, the implications and weather conditions.
- Receipt of the request, opening of the request and acknowledgement of receipt
- Analysis and study of the request, presentation of the results to the Traffic Committee
- Decision, recommendation and approval by City Council
- Communication (applicant, councillor, etc.)
- Completion, implementation and follow up (if required)
To submit a request or complaint to the Traffic committee, complete the form below.