Waste collection guide and calendar

To help you sort your residual materials, Pointe-Claire offers a wide variety of door-to-door collections, permanent collection points and other ways to help you reduce your waste.


Collection delays

Collections may be subject to delays beyond the City’s control. Consult this news item on this subject.

All updates regarding collections will be displayed in this banner.

Thank you for your understanding.

Consult the Collection Guide and the 2024-2025 calendar for Sector A and Sector B.

Collection Sectors

Pointe-Claire is divided into two collection sectors:

  • Sector A – Sector A includes the entire area west of Saint-Jean Boulevard, as well as the entire area south of Highway 20.
  • Sector B – Sector B is located north of Highway 20, east of boulevard Saint-Jean and south of boulevard Hymus.


General information for door-to-door collections

 How to place bins and containers

  • Your wheeled bin, containers, leaf bags (during leaf collections), bulky items and upholstered items must be placed in your driveway, at the curb, after 6 p.m. the day before or before 7 a.m. the day of collection. For complete instructions on each collection method, see the above links.
  • The wheels and handles of the wheeled bin must face your home.
  • A space of 30 cm (1 ft) must be left around the bin, or 45 cm if it’s a container.

After collection, your bins must be removed no later than 10 p.m. on the day of collection. Outside of collection day, the bin must be stored where it will be least visible from the street and least disruptive to neighbouring properties.

Your residual waste has not been collected?

Make sure that the colle-ction guidelines have been respected: day, time, positioning of bin, accepted container, weight of container, accepted materials, etc.

Please note that bins provided by the City for organic materials and recyclables cannot be used for domestic waste collection under by-law PC-2864.

If these guidelines have been followed, report the situation to Public Works on the same day. 

Public Works: 514 630-1230, tp@pointe-claire.ca

Damaged bins

If your bin is damaged, you can submit a request to have it repaired or replaced. Go to the Online Requests page to fill out the form.

To make your request, please have:

  • A photo of the damaged bin
  • The serial number on the side of the bin
  • Your contact information

Replacement Repair

Getting a second or different size bin

Would you like a second or different size organic or recyclable bin to better suit your needs? Visit the organics or recyclables collection page to find out which sizes are available.

Go to the Online Requests section to make your request.

Prevent issues with your bins by:

  • Washing your bins by regularly spraying white vinegar inside and out, then rinse. It’s important to let them dry before adding materials.
  • Keeping them out of direct sunlight.
  • Keeping the lid closed at all times.

For more tips and tricks, consult our environmental columns.

Proper management of residual materials

The City offers its residents a wide variety of door-to-door collections, permanent collection points in municipal buildings and even a special collection service. These various tools enable you to properly sort your residual materials and reduce the number of items deposited in your household waste collection.

By utilizing the various collections and collection points to dispose of your waste and items that are no longer useful to you, you are helping to reduce the number of items that end up in landfill sites. In addition to collections, a wide range of exchange and resale websites and applications are also available to help you avoid throwing away something that could still be useful. All of our individual and collective actions will help our community become more ecologically resilient.

Together, let’s reduce our ecological footprint.



514-630-1230, tp@pointe-claire.ca