Youth Advisory Board
The Youth Advisory Board members will participate in seven meetings during year to examine projects and make recommendations to City Council. They will contribute to enhancing activities, facilities and public services to better meet their needs and those of the community. They will also be asked to represent the City of Pointe-Claire at events and activities.
Your 2021 Youth Advisory Board!
The 2021 Youth Advisory Board (starting from the top row): Christophe Kélada, Patrick Martel-Eastmond, Jane Weber, Sarah Wu, Magali Shimotakahara, Sirima Noumbissie-Nzefa, Cassandra Gillen, Julia Hees, Madeline Sparkes, Daniel-Jiajun Yu
The Instagram account of the City of Pointe-Claire’s Youth Advisory Board (YAB) a forum for dialogue and information. We encourage you to participate in the various discussions while following our netiquette.
Rules for use
To ensure a courteous environment, certain rules of conduct are essential:
- Use respectful language and tone in comments and questions.
- Do not make any offensive, defamatory, malicious, threatening, aggressive or discriminatory statements, whether in the form of words, images, emoticons or emojis.
- Respect privacy by not posting or mentioning confidential information, such as personal information.
- No solicitation whatsoever is permitted, nor are repeated comments.
- Do not promote or discredit a political party, its representatives, a pressure group, or the authorities of the City of Pointe-Claire.
- Messages must comply with the law and must not suggest or encourage illegal activities.
- The information posted must be accurate, truthful and compliant.
- Followers may share hyperlinks in their comments as long as the content relates to the subjects in question.
- Discussions must take place in the two official languages, either in French or in English.
Moderation, questions and comments
To ensure followers have access to a constructive, respectful and open forum for dialogue, the YAB moderates all comments shared on its page. Comments made by users are theirs alone and are in no way endorsed by the Youth Advisory Board.
Only questions and comments that follow the netiquette will be considered for response. Public or personal responses will be given, depending on their nature.
If comments do not follow the netiquette, the City may intervene to ensure that the rules of conduct are followed. We reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments that do not follow the netiquette or social media rules. Depending on the statements posted and in the event of repeated non-compliance, the YAB could temporarily or permanently ban a follower from its account.
Depending on the nature of the comments, the YAB may be obligated to report the information to the competent authorities.
In accordance with the City’s bilingual status, written messages will be shared in both official languages.
Comments by Internet users may be written in either official language and will be answered by the YAB in the same language.
The YAB reserves the right to modify this policy without prior notice.