Financial assistance program
With the goal of promoting the participation of all children from the community in sports, cultural and leisure activities, the City is launching a financial assistance program for low-income families. The support, in the form of a grant, applies to municipal activities and those run by non-profit organizations partnered with the City, in order to enable everyone to enjoy this complete service offer to keep active, learn, discover and, above all, have fun!
The request for financial assistance can be made yearly for each child in a family and is granted based on family income.
1 – Categories of activities
- The first category pertains to applications for financial assistance for activities run by a City partner (associations, clubs);
- The second category pertains to applications for financial assistance for activities run by the City.
Individuals can submit one application from each category per year, that is, for an activity run by a City partner, and a sports, cultural or leisure activity run by the City. The financial assistance covers a portion of the costs, established according to family income.
2 – Income criteria
|Number of people||Revenue below|
|1 person||$26 605|
|2 persons||$37 625|
|3 persons||$46 081|
|4 persons||$53 209|
|5 persons||$59 490|
|6 persons and more||$65 168|
3 – Other requirements
- The child(ren) must be under 18 years of age and be participating in a program run by a local partner in the City of Pointe-Claire, or in a municipal activity;
- The child(ren) must reside in Pointe-Claire (proof of residence required);
- The parent making the request for their child(ren) must prepare the application. In the case of joint custody, only one parent can receive financial assistance;
- A copy of the federal or provincial income tax notice of assessment of both parents is required to assess the family’s financial situation.
- Pointe-Claire’s registration form must be completed, explaining the family’s status as well as all other sources of income supporting the activity in question;
- Registration for the activity can be done before or after submitting the application for financial assistance. Provide all proof of registration with the application.
4 – Deadline for submitting an application
- The deadline to submit an application for financial assistance for activities offered by the City’s partners is : May 1 for summer activities and October 1 for winter activities;
- The deadline for submitting an application for financial assistance for City cultural, sports and leisure activities will vary based on the seasonal programming offer;
- Financial assistance for day camps will cover the entire period of participation of the child(ren).
A copy of the federal or provincial notice of assessment for each parent must be provided. Registration for an activity can be done before or after submitting an application.
Reminder: All applications for financial assistance for activities run by partner organizations must be submitted at the latest May 1 for summer activities and October 1 for winter activities. The deadline for City activities and day camps varies based on programming.