Planning Program and by-laws
The Planning Program outlines the City's major land use planning and development orientations. It was developed by the Planning Department in accordance with the Act Respecting Land Use Planning and Development.
The Planning Program offers a vision of Pointe-Claire for the next ten years.
It provides a portrait of:
- the City’s current state of development, and its population;
- major land-use orientations for the territory;
- main issues and goals for the next ten years;
- sectors undergoing more detailed planning;
- the state of the City centre and the civic centre.
The Planning Program gives citizens, elected representatives and the administration with specific directions to guide future actions in Pointe-Claire territory. Applying the program involves follow-up studies, City investments and amendments to existing by-laws.
Download the complete Planning Program.
For a list of permits issued by the Planning Department, go to Permit Applications.
- PC-2708 – Concerning the Planning Advisory Committee
- PC-2774 – Subdivision By-Law
- PC-2775 – Zoning By-Law
Appendix 1 – Definitions
Appendix 2 – Zoning plan
Appendix 3 – Particular provisions table:
Table for residential zones 1-4 dwellings (Ra, Rb, Rc, Rd)
Table for multi-family residential zones (Re, Rf)
Table for commercial zones (C, Cv, Cb)
Table for industrial zones (N)
Table for public zones (Pa, Pb, Pc, U, G)
Appendix 4 – Classification of uses
Appendix 5 – Development guidelines near railway operations
- PC-2786 – Construction By-Law
- PC-2787 – Site Planning and Architectural Integration Programs – SPAIP By-Law
- PC-2788 – Permits and Certificates By-Law
- PC-2791 – Conditional Uses By-Law
- PC-2818 – By-Law Respecting the Demolition of Immovable
- By-law No. 2500 on Minor Exemptions
For information on the grant program for low-flush toilets, see the Low-flush toilets page.
For more information : 514-630-1206, firstname.lastname@example.org