Planning Program and by-laws
|New Planning Program
A first draft of the new Planning Program was adopted during the regular meeting on February 8, 2022. It is the first step in developing Pointe-Claire’s future with the community.It offers a vision and preliminary directions that will foster the discussions, workshops and public consultations over the next two years. The various stages leading up to the adoption of the new Planning Program and updated municipal by-laws will continue until summer 2024.To consult the draft Planning Program, click here.
During the regular meeting on May 3, City Council adopted an Interim Control By-Law having the effect of freezing and allowing to govern or restrict the development of certain city sectors while reflecting on land use planning.
To view the Interim Control By-Law, click here.
The Planning Program offers a vision of Pointe-Claire for the next ten years.
It provides a portrait of:
- the City’s current state of development, and its population;
- major land-use orientations for the territory;
- main issues and goals for the next ten years;
- sectors undergoing more detailed planning, such as:
The Planning Program gives citizens, elected representatives and the administration specific directions to guide future actions in Pointe-Claire territory. Applying the program involves follow-up studies, City investments and amendments to existing by-laws.
Download the complete Planning Program.
For a list of permits issued by the Planning Department, go to Permit Applications. INTERIM CONTROL BY-LAW
- Appendix 1 – Definitions
- Appendix 2 – Zoning Plan Map
- Appendix 3 – Particular provisions table:
- Appendix 4 – Classification of uses
- Appendix 5 – Development guidelines near railway operations