Call for applications: Montréal West Island artist for the Pointe-Claire Public Art Committee
The City of Pointe-Claire is currently looking for a West Island artist to join its Public Art Committee. This advisory committee’s mandate is to issue recommendations to support the development and promotion of works already present on its territory and to develop new public art projects rooted in the community.
The person sought has the following qualities and skills:
- Resident of a Montréal West Island municipality;
- Professional experience in visual arts and recognition in the West Island arts community. Note that the selection committee will prioritize applications from professional artists (as defined under the Status of the Artist Act) but encourages students in visual arts, emerging artists, and amateur artists to submit their applications;
- Interest in issues surrounding public art and the integration of art into architecture and the environment;
- Involvement in the community;
- Curiosity and open-mindedness;
- Bilingualism (knowledge of French and English).
Frequency: The committee meets three to five times a year.
Note: Participation on the Public Art Committee is a volunteer commitment.
Apply before Monday, February 20, 2023. Your application must include a resumé and a cover letter.
Documents should be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Pointe-Claire Public Art Committee Selection Committee
176 Du Bord-du-Lac – Lakeshore Road
Pointe-Claire, Québec H9S 4J7
Information: 514-630-1254 or firstname.lastname@example.org