Call for Candidates – Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club and the City of Pointe-Claire are seeking volunteer candidates to be members of the Board of Directors for a period of three years (February 2020 to December 31, 2022).
The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is a recognized non-profit paramunicipal organization whose mission is to promote the emergence of athletes of all ages, from their beginnings to the Olympic dream, respecting their talent and aspirations, and providing a healthy, safe and stimulating environment. The Pointe-Claire Canoe Kayak Club is recognized in Québec and Canada for its innovation, leadership and performance, and sets itself apart by the quality of its coaching and guidance.
The general mandate of the Club is as follows:
- To encourage and promote competitive sprint canoe and kayak activities among residents of Pointe-Claire and the West Island in particular.
Without limiting the general nature of the preceding paragraph, the Club will fulfil the following roles:
- Make recommendations to Pointe-Claire City Council regarding services offered, the needs and expectations of citizens, as well as future investments to facilitate the fulfilment of the mandate
- Manage the financial support programs offered to Pointe-Claire canoe and kayak team athletes to facilitate their participation in competitions at the regional, provincial, national (Canadian) and international levels, in accordance with any policy or program approved for this purpose by resolution of City Council
- Provide advice, expertise and recommendations on specific issues arising through the exercise of its general mandate
Candidates who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Experience in one or more of the following fields, whether on a volunteer or professional basis:
- Sports or sport management
- Finance, accounting or marketing
- Education or paramedical
- Legal, communications or technical
- Other relevant experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Available to be actively involved in Club activities
Being a resident of Pointe-Claire will be considered an asset.
Your application must include an up-to-date résumé and a cover letter reflecting your interest in being appointed to the Club’s Board of Directors. Please send your application to email@example.com by February 7, 2020, to the attention of the Culture, Sports, Leisure and Community Development Department.
Information: 514-630-1300, extension 1327