Best Supporter Contest
Pointe-Claire Desjardins Half-Marathon
MONTRÉAL – Saturday June 18th 2016, the Club de course à pied de Pointe-Claire will organize the 1st edition of the Pointe-Claire Desjardins Half-Marathon. In addition to encouraging the population of Pointe-Claire and its surrounding cities to train and excel at one of the five distances offered: 1 KM, 2 KM, 5 KM, 10 KM and 21 KM, organizers wished to support a cause close to their hearts. Proceeds from the event will go to the Alzheimer Society of Montréal Island to help people with this disease which, unfortunately, is positioned to become THE illness of the future. The Pointe-Claire Desjardins Half-Marathon is an event for both families and more experienced runners. The race sold out with 2250 participants!
Be part of the event and come cheer on the runners as they pass by your homes during the race!
The Club de course à pied de Pointe-Claire seeks to motivate Pointe-Claire’s population in becoming the best supporters in the province! As in many large cities hosting running events, the Club wishes to animate the course with enthusiastic spectator stations. You are invited to cheer on the participants by creating your own animated station along the various courses, as early as 8:00 AM on June 18th! The ultimate goal of this idea is to make the Pointe-Claire Half Marathon an event that brings together Pointe-Claire residents and participants in a festive spirit!
How to prepare a quality station
- Create motivational or humorous signage
- Wear costumes
- Make some noise
- Cheer on the runners
- Cool down the runners with garden hoses
- Any other original idea!
Be creative, be crazy!
Prizes worth $700
1st prize: $500 cash!
How the contest works
- 2 photographers will walk along the various courses to take pictures of you. SMILE FOR THE CAMERA!
- Photos will be posted on the Facebook page of the event during the week following the event. www.facebook.com/DemiMarathonPointeClaire
- HOW TO WIN: Get the most votes!
- If you do not see your picture on the Facebook page once the contest starts, feel comfortable to send us one and we will add it. email@example.com
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Source: Pointe-Claire Half-Marathon