Heat wave: Preventive measures
To help everyone cope with the heat wave forecast for the next few days, here are the services provided by the City of Pointe-Claire to stay cool.
Valois Park splash pad
This facility includes a play structure, shaded rest areas, restrooms and access points for persons with reduced mobility.
40 de la Baie-de-Valois Avenue
Open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For users health and safety, please take note of the measures put in place:
- Keep two metres apart from others.
- Wash your hands before you leave home and when you return.
- A City employee will be on site at various times to ensure activities are taking place in a safe and pleasant manner.
- Changing rooms are closed.
The multipurpose room of the Aquatic Centre (60 Maywood Avenue) will be open from Sunday, June 6 to Tuesday, June 8, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., to allow people to cool down in the air-conditioned room. Additional health measures will be applied to limit the spread of COVID-19.
What you can do
To prevent the effects of the heat, experts recommend the following:
- Drink plenty of water without waiting to feel thirsty.
- Cool down by taking a shower or cool bath.
- Spend a few hours in an air-conditioned or cool place
- Reduce your physical activities.
- Wear light clothing.
For more information on how to prevent the effects of heat, click here