Heat wave: Preventive measures
To help beat the heat wave forecast for the next few days, the City of Pointe-Claire offers the following services to cool off.
Valois Park Splash Pad
The development is accessible to people with reduced mobility and features a play structure, shaded rest areas and washrooms.
Open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
40 Baie-de-Valois Avenue
The Aquatic Centre (60 Maywood Avenue), the Olive-Urquhart Sports Centre (230 Brunswick Boulevard), the Central Library (100 Douglas-Shand Avenue) and the Bob-Birnie Arena (58 Maywood Avenue) are open to those who want to cool off in an air-conditioned space.
- Arena: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, closed
- Library: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Olive Urquhart Sports Centre: Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Aquatic Centre: Monday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sunday, closed
Outdoor pools – Pointe-Claire Village and Lakeside
These two outdoor pools are accessible every day. For more information, we invite you to contact the respective pools.
Pointe-Claire Village: http://www.pvpc.info/
Actions to adopt
To prevent the effects of heat, experts recommend to:
- Drink a lot of water; don’t wait until you feel thirsty
- Refresh yourself often with a cool shower or bath
- Go to an air-conditioned or cool place for a few hours
- Limit your physical activities
- Wear lightweight clothes
For more information on how to prevent the effects of heat, click here.