Modernization at the Central Library
The City would like to inform residents that work to upgrade the Central Library, located at 100 Douglas-Shand Avenue, will take place from early April to mid-May.
In addition to a more modern look for the Library, welcoming and inviting reading areas will be created for residents of all ages.
The work schedule is below:
Phase 1 (early April)
- Computers near the circulation desk will be moved.
- A more accessible information desk will be added to make meetings with the Library team more dynamic.
Phase 2 (mid-April)
- Ergonomic tables with integrated lighting and power outlets will be added in the reading room. The tables will be made from wood reclaimed as part of the fight against the emerald ash borer.
- The mystery novel collection will be moved.
- An inviting area – including modern furnishings, an electric fireplace, and reorganized furniture – will be created in the magazine section.
Phase 3 (mid-April to mid-May)
- Restrooms will be completely rebuilt.
The phases of the project have been planned to ensure that the Library is able to offer services at all times. Library programs will continue while work is in progress.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Information: 514-630-1200, firstname.lastname@example.org