Update: Central Library – Lending of paper books and other documents resuming on May 25
Book chute drop-off hours as of June 8:
The chutes will not be accessible outside of these hours.
The City of Pointe-Claire is pleased to announce to citizens that they will be able to start borrowing paper books and other documents again on May 25.
Loan reservations will be made through the library portal, by e-mail or by phone. Beginning June 1, a time slot will be assigned to those who reserve so that everyone can go to the library to pick up their books and documents at different times. To avoid contact and maintain a safe distance, the librarians will leave the documents between the library doors, where they can be collected upon showing your MULTI card.
How to borrow documents
- Beginning May 25: a maximum of five documents can be reserved per card (books, CDs, DVDs, video games) for a period of three weeks.
Through the library portal: https://biblio.pointe-claire.ca/
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 514-630-1218 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Once you have reserved, the library will prepare your documents using appropriate hygiene measures and will contact you with your time slot for pick-up, which will be anytime between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- On the day and time of your appointment, you will have 15 minutes to pick up your books from the Central Library.
- Once at the library, you will need to show your MULTI card to the librarian behind the glass door. This person will then place the documents between the doors. You can take them once he or she is back in the library.
- Once home, it is recommended to wait five days before handling the books. You will have a three-week loan period to read them.
- Book chutes will reopen on June 8. The books that will be dropped off there will be quarantined before being made available for loan.
Information: 514-630-1218, firstname.lastname@example.org